Mrs. Doan's 1st Grade Webpage
Conference time: 2:15-2:45 Monday and Friday
Please donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This is our class fundraising page!
What We Are Learning
Word Family: Contractions
Writing: Personal Narrative
Sight Words: any, ask, bus, house, name
Math: Multistep Word Problems / Mixed Problem Solving
Science: Life Cycles
Social Studies: Needs & Wants / Goods & Services
Homework guidelines for the district have changed.
Homework time for first grade is 10 minutes.
Required homework for the year will be 10 minutes of reading each night, complete reading log, and complete reading response each night on a separate piece of paper.
- Please DO NOT remove backpack tags from backpack.
- Please sign the daily/behavior folder and return to school everyday.
- Please place your child's name inside their lunch kits and any jackets or sweaters that are brought to school.
- *Dairy Queen all day, all year long - tell them you’re from Hailey and they will give us 10% back!!! PTA account all year.
Teacher Wish List
- Treasure Chest items (pencils, erasers, toys, etc. - any dollar store items are great!)
April 25 - Volunteer Breakfast
April 28 - 1st grade fundraiser kickoff during specials
May 1 - 1st Grade Fundraiser Starts
May 1 - May 5 - Teacher Appreciation Week
May 2 - PTA Kendra Scott Fundraiser
May 8 Nurse Appreciation Week
May 14 - Mother's Day
May 18 - Last day of 1st grade fundraiser
May 19 - Celebration Day
May 29 - Memorial Day - No School
Volunteer Registration Instructions
2. Under PARENTS/STUDENTS tab at top of page, click on "Volunteer in CISD"
3. To the right side, click again on "Volunteer in CISD"
4. Click on "Volunteer Application"
5. Click on "Get Started Now!"
6. Complete the yellow highlighted areas; click "Next Step"
7. Complete information in the Volunteer Application, sign, and click "Proceed"
8. Select "Hailey Elementary" from the list on left and click "Add," then you should see "Hailey" in the box on the right.
9. Add your name to the bottom of that page; click "Submit Application"
10. You will receive notification that your volunteer status has been approved within about a week.
PAC (Parent Access Center)
In order to stay informed with your child's attendance, report cards, progress reports, daily grades, Students Achieving Excellence (SAE), discipline and available lunch money, please create a PAC Account for your child.
You can sign up for this by doing the following:
- Go to www.conroeisd.net
- Click on the "Parents/Students" tab at the top
- Under "Resources for Parents" click on "Parent Access Center"
- Register for a new account
Read for a Better Life!
We made applesauce as we learned that heat changes things :)
We learned about firefighters and how they help our community. :)
These liquids turned into solids!