Welcome to Pre-K!
Thank you for stopping by and visiting our class Pre-K page! Here you will find information related to our Pre-K class.
If you ever have a question or need to schedule a conference feel free to contact me by sending a note, email or calling me directly at 832-663-4100. I will get back to you as soon as I am able.
What we are learning: February
Review all letters
Writing our name
Recognizing our name
Counting: 1-10; Recognizing numbers 1-10
Shapes: Circle, Square, Rectangle, triangle, diamond
Patterns (AB) , (AABB), (ABC)
- Classes begin at 8:10 in the morning. If your child comes to class after that time they will be marked tardy. Please make sure your child arrives on time.
- Snacks: In the classroom we do a community snack. Please provide a bulk sized snack for the whole class to share and remember no peanuts or tree nuts in the snacks. Some good snacks to bring are crackers (goldfish, Ritz, cheez its), pretzels, cereal (fruit loops, cheerios, etc.), graham crackers.
- Behavior: The students will be learning appropriate classroom behaviors, rules and procedures as well as learning social skills. If there is a problem with your child's conduct I will contact you via phone or write it down in the daily behavior folder. It is important that you check your child's Daily Folder.
- Daily folders: Your child will be bringing home a folder everyday. Please check it daily and take out the papers from the folders. Some of the papers you will find in the folder are their classwork and important forms that may need to be filled out and returned back to the school. I check the folders daily in the morning to collect the forms that are filled out or to look for any notes you may send me. Please check it daily.
- Absences: It is very important that your child is in school everyday. If your student is sick or unable to get to school, please send a note home the next day or as soon as possible.
- Transportation: If your child's method of transportation changes please make sure you send a note in the childs Daily Behavior Folder. If your child is a bus rider they must follow the bus safety rules. If the child is a car rider please make sure you display the car rider sign with your child's name on the dashboard so we may see who you are picking up. The teachers will be placing your child in through the back passenger side door only. If you need to buckle up your child please move up to the curve and you may park your car so that you can buckle up your child and the other parents may pick up their student.
- Birthdays: If you would like to celebrate your child's birthday you may provide the class with only cupcakes, cookies or a goody bag enough for the whole class. You can drop it off at the front office or in the classroom. The child's birthday will be celebrated at the end of the day during their snack time.
*** *** Our Field Trip is next Thursday, Feb 9. Please make sure you fill out and return the permission slip if you want your child to attend.
*** *** The next Pre-K night is on Thursday, Feb 16 at 5:30. We will be focusing on Math and providing you with a lot of information and materials for you to work with you child at home in a fun and engaging way. Hope to see you there!